Good afternoon everyone on this beautiful, at least partly sunny, day! Wow, it’s hard to believe that July is nearly over and for us that means summer is nearly over. Often our weather changes in mid August so much that we are then into fall, or autumn if you prefer. Oh well, can’t do much about that. But…here today is another award that I received from 5 different people! The Blogger Recognition Award and what an honor that these people would all think of me for this great award. And I have actually received it twice before as well, so that makes 7 times altogether!
I’m doing these 5 together because my answers would be the same for this award and no point repeating myself 5 different times. But I want each of you to know that I greatly appreciate your kind thoughts for me in giving me this award. Thank you all very, very much!! This award comes from Huguette, J.H. Ward, Pilgrimage Studio, Laura, and Keziah .
The Blogger Recognition Award is an award given in recognition of all the hard work that goes into creating a blog. It is a way for bloggers to support, motivate and promote other bloggers who have clearly put in huge amounts of time and effort, and produced valuable content.
Bloggers are very talented people – they work hard, they promote, market, advertise, and run a busy site.
They organise all kinds of activities, they encourage, motivate, interact, engage and are community orientated. It matters not if they are shy and reticent or loud and personable – each actively progressive blogger is the same – they all work hard and passionately with their blogs, they put the hours in to deliver to their audience each day a welcoming location to read, absorb, learn and have fun.
To escape the hustle bustles of city life, or the begrudgeries of boredom – they entice readers to peruse their pages to look for entertainment.
That is what the BRA celebrates.
• Write a post displaying your award.
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
• Tell the story of how your blog started.
• Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
• Nominate other bloggers for the award.
• Let the nominees know that you have nominated them.
Well now, how did my blog get started? I have always liked writing, but true stories and events. I started writing a bit about adventures with my dad and I and sending it to different people. Then one of my friends suggested writing a blog. The thought terrified me really. I mean, putting my thoughts and words out there for people to read from possibly all around the world.
But I thought about it for a while and started a blog on another platform which just didn’t work out too well. Then I heard of WordPress and gave it a try here and liked it a lot more so I kept on with it. Of course I started adding more things into my blog than just adventures with my dad and things really started to work out well. Not a very exciting beginning but that’s how things went anyway.
Two Pieces Of Advice To New Bloggers:
1. Write about something you like, something you enjoy. Hard to have a successful blog if you are writing about something that does not interest you. And write your own words, not someone else’s, after all, it’s your blog.
2. It’s not necessary to get complicated with your posts. Keep things simple, especially when starting out.
3. Add a Google translator widget to your blog! Especially if you are not writing in English, but even if you are it’s good to have it. It’s free so why not use it?
4. No matter what you are writing about, use pictures. Use your own if possible, but if you have none then there are places where you can get free pictures to use.
5. Put an ‘About’ page on your blog. People like to know something about the person behind the blog. I think this is one of the most important things that is so often overlooked by bloggers.
Yes, I know I did 5, not 2 as the rules say. But I was nominated by 5 people after all. I would have done 10 pieces of advice but couldn’t think of that many today. Brain isn’t working too well. Now to nominate some people:
There we have it folks, 5 for 5, seems about right. I think. Sometimes anyway. Just not too often, gives me a headache.😂 Well, I hope you all enjoyed this and I hope you all will enjoy your Sunday as well and God bless!
Steve and Muffin.
© 2019 Steve McLeod.