Hi everyone and here we go with another Sunshine Blogger award! These are just fantastic and so much fun too. This award, plus one other, got kind of lost on my list of bookmarks. But THANK YOU so very much Tiffany for this award!! Sorry I’m so late with it, but Muffin and I are ready to tackle it now. If you haven’t been to Tiffany’s blog then now is your chance, she has a wonderful blog, you won’t be disappointed.
“The Blogosphere community holds several awards that bloggers use to nominate a blog in appreciation for its creative, inspiring, or motivational content.”
“The award also helps other bloggers receive recognition and free exposure for their blogs.”
There are some basic rules to follow if you decide to participate:
1. How old is your blog now? My (MEOW!!!😾😾), WAIT!!!,😲😲 I mean, OUR blog is now 2 years old. Whew, that was a close one.😁😸
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging? Muffin’s answer: I enjoy helping my human with his writing.😺 He needs all the help he can get.🙄 It’s a great way for us to tell our stories, talk about nature and meet some very interesting cats from other countries! Meow, meow to all my cat friends!😸😻😽
3. How important do you think Social Media is for the success of a blog? I don’t think social media is necessary for a successful blog. But I guess it depends on a person’s definition of “success”. I think that writing regularly, answering comments as quickly as possible, generally engaging in conversations with your followers is more important. Plus reading and commenting on other blogs too. Though that last one can be hard once you start getting a larger number of followers. But still, keep up the best you can.😁😸
4. How would you define a sucessful blog? In other words, what do think a successful blog looks like? That can be hard to define, since it would be different for each blogger and what they write about. But as mentioned already, writing regularly, staying with how you wish to define your blog, writing about what you love to write, not what others tell you to write, and talking with your followers.😃👍 Meow!! Muffin adds, make sure you hug your pet daily, and show lots of pictures of your pet on your blog.😸😹😻
5. Describe your feelings when you received your first blogging award nomination. I was jumping!! I was walking on the ceiling! (almost).🤸♂️🤸♂️ I could hardly believe that someone would actually nominate me. 😀😀🙄 I still get just as excited!🥳 Meow, meow, meow! Oh, Muffin adds, it’s always good to participate in awards, it helps people get to know each other and their blogs, helps raise awareness of others blogs. Meow, and it’s fun, even though it might take a bit of extra time to do them!😺😸
6. Have you ever thought about monetizing your blog ? It would be nice but I’m not sure how.🤔🙄
7. If so, what do you think is the best method of monetizing? I have no idea, but I don’t like these word ads, they are just annoying.🤔😳🙄
8. What kind of post do you find easiest or most enjoyable to write? I like to write about nature and all my experiences with animals of various kinds. Also I enjoy writing about the adventures my dad and I had years ago.😀👍 Meow!! Muffin adds, she loves writing about the funny things her human does.😹😹 Hmm, not so sure about that one.🤔
9. What is your opinion about writing prompts? Have no idea, have never participated in one.🤔😜
10. Funny/Weird Question: if you were a superhero, what superpower would you like to have and what would you do with it? 🤔 Being invisible.🤪😜 Go around to different countries to make changes without them knowing to make this world a safer place.😁😂
11. What is your favourite way to unwind after a hectic day? Had to laugh over this one since right now my day is basically sitting in my recliner most of the day.😂😂 To be quite honest I find that harder than being busy doing things.😀 But normally, a nice walk in the country/park/down the street.😀🌳🚶♂️🌲 Sitting on my deck with a cup of tea and feeding the chipmunks, letting them crawl all over me (summer activity),😄🐿 feeding/watching the birds, photography,😀📷 reading, maybe watching an old movie from the 1940s/50s. Meow, meow!!! Muffin adds: watching chipmunks,😼🐿 sleeping, watching all the funny things my human does,😹😲 and biting my human’s foot.😲😳 Sigh.🙄
Now for the questions. I don’t normally do this, but I am keeping the same questions, except two.
1. How old is your blog now?
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
3. How important do you think Social Media is for the success of a blog?
4. How would you define a successful blog? In other words, what do think a successful blog looks like?
5. Describe your feelings when you received your first blogging award nomination.
6. Have you ever thought about monetizing your blog ?
7. If so, what do you think is the best method of monetizing?
8. What kind of post do you find easiest or most enjoyable to write?
9. What do you think is best, long or short posts?
10. Funny/Weird Question: What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
11. What is your favourite way to unwind after a hectic day?
Well, there we have it for another award post, I hope you liked it. Thanks again Tiffany!! I hope all of you enjoy your week and God bless!
Steve and Muffin.
© 2019 Steve McLeod.