Hi everyone and welcome to a bit of humor once again. Ever hear of Murphy? He came up with Murphy’s Laws. Murphy did exist and coined the first “law” back around 1948. A number of people have added to that over the years. But it’s amazing how true some of these “laws” really are. Number 13 was a phrase I always used before I even knew it was one of Murphy’s Laws. Oh well. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this little bit of fun for your day. And some of these can be found in slight variations as well. But these are the ones I chose to share with you today.
1- In any field of scientific endeavor, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong, and at the worst possible moment.
2- If the possibility exists of several things going wrong, the one that will go wrong is the one that will do the most damage.
3- Everything will go wrong at one time. That time is when you least expect it.
4- If nothing can go wrong, something will anyway.
5- Nothing is as easy as it looks.
6- Everything takes longer than you think.
7- Left to themselves, things always go from bad to worse.
8- Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.
9- Given the most inappropriate time for something to go wrong, that’s when it will occur.
10- If something seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
11- If in any problem you find yourself doing an immense amount of work, the answer can be obtained by simple inspection.
12- Never make anything simple and efficient when a way can be found to make it complex and wonderful.
13- If it doesn’t fit, use a bigger hammer.
14- In any given calculation, the fault will never be placed if more than one person is involved.
15- In any given discovery, the credit will never be properly placed if more than one person is involved.
16- All warranty and guarantee clauses become invalid upon payment of the final notice.
17- If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it.
18. You will always find something in the last place you look.
19. The chance of a piece of bread falling with the buttered side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet .
20. Anything you try to fix will take longer and cost more than you thought
21. Any tool dropped while repairing a car will roll underneath to the exact center.
22. The repairman will have never seen a model quite like yours before
23. When a broken appliance is demonstrated for the repairman, it will work perfectly.
24. Everybody has a scheme for getting rich that will not work.
25. You will remember that you forgot to take out the garbage when the garbage truck is 2 doors away.
That’s it for now, although there are many more and I will probably do another post to share more of these wonderful “laws”. Anyway, these days a good laugh is good medicine for us all while we stay locked down in different ways. Stay safe everyone, have a wonderful day and God bless!
Steve and Muffin.
© 2020 Steve McLeod.